The mansion was once owned by Napoleon’s step-son: Eugenio de Beauharnais, at the time Viceroy of Italy. The place has been named after Giulia Ferri. She was daughter to Carlo Ferri. He was governor of Perugia at the time he bought the Villa in 1850.
Giulia got married to Giulio de Rolland, Baronet and Senator and she was also very close to Queen Margherita di Savoia. Maria Pia Tacoli from San Possidonio inherited Villa Giulia from her aunt and made it her summer residence. The property is now owned by Conti Passi grandchildren to Maria Pia Tacoli.
Villa Giulia, has the typical outlook of a Napoleonic mansion. It keeps inside the original furniture, ancient books and antiques that have belonged to the family for centuries. A private chapel where to assist to Sunday mass and ceremonies is next to the house.