Paradise Possible’s Itineraries
The Suitcase of Dreams
Traditional crafts in northern Le Marche
Le Marche has a wealth of culture and customs that are at risk of remaining undiscovered not only to the traveller but also to the Marchigians themselves. Those who venture within the walls of Le Marche’s numerous urban enclaves will find the artisans who are keeping their ancient tradition very much alive.
The area that stretches from Alta Valle del Metauro to Val Marecchia holds at least two points of particular interest.
First place goes to Urbania, formerly Casteldurante where the traditional Maiolica ceramics that gained renown in the 15th Century are still produced today. Contemporary artisans take their inspiration from the Palazzo Ducale’s elegant decorations, which are still important in the world of Durantine ceramics. Both locals and visitors can learn the secret art of ceramics by participating in one of the many courses organized by the Associazione Amici della Ceramica (for more information, contact email@example.com).
In second place is the TAM metalwork centre (Scuola di Alta Formazione Techniche di Lavorazione Artistica Dei Metalli), in Pietrarubbia. The combined work of the local council and the sculptor Arnaldo Pomodoro brought this laboratory for experimentation in metalwork technique into being, producing the most basic to the most intricate of pieces.
Also worth noting is Mercatello sul Metauro, for its tradition of loom-woven rugs and blankets, Mercatino Conca for its terrocotta vases, and Piandimeleto for its hand-carved and painted woodwork.
Finally, don’t forget to stop off at Carpegna, famous for its top-quality prosciutto and various types of mushrooms that are gathered in the area, both of which you can sample at a table covered in the handprinted cloth of local artisans. A visit to Sant’Angelo in Vado, home to the still-thriving arts of goldsmithery and hand-beaten iron, will provide the perfect finish your trip.
How to get there
If you’re coming from the north or south then take the A14 and exit at the toll ate at Fano. Take the SS73bis and follow the signs to Urbino. Then proceed to to Urbania. You can find the entire route here.
The nearest airport is the Ancona-Falconara, which is about 100km away. It’s advisable to hire a car or request a car rental with a driver by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The port at Ancona is about 80km away. It’s advisable to hire a car or request a car rental with a driver by writing to us at email@example.com
The closest stations are Pesaro, Fano and Ancona. The smaller villages are generally connected by a regional train service. For information and timetables visit www.trenitalia.it
Where to stay
Agriturismo Pieve del Colle
Five comfortable rooms, with views of the surrounding hills and the pieve, a 15th Century rural church, and the promise of a stay in total serenity.
A large complex that mixes the modern comfort of the well-being centre with the ancient allure of the cottage immersed in the green of the countryside and mountains.
Where to eat
Agriturismo Pieve del Colle
This agriturismo offers delicious home cooking from ancient recipes with the wholesome flavours of organic vegetables and locally raised livestock. Those who are curious can also visit the farm.
All the Benefits of Booking through Paradise Possible
• 10% discount on all accommodations recommended by Paradise Possible
• possibility of visiting historical assets that are not usually available and not opened to the public
• assistance of experienced guides in art history with interpreter
• availability of the municipalities where the property is located
• availability of tourist reception at the farm contracted
• quality of courses tailor-made by experts for every itinerary
• assistance of experienced guides to adventure sports on the nature parks
• flexibility to take advantage of the itinerary with the same services for arrangement in group or in pairs.
Costs and methods of Payment :
• Each itinerary will be priced individually;
• For every booking of the itinerary it will be required a pay contribution for the number of people who will benefit of the Itinerary (*) to Paradise Possible and the 30% deposit for booking of accommodation at the selected facility.
• The methods of payment will be indicated by Paradise Possible, while the facility itself will show its own.
For more details on Marche Itineraries or to book, contact us us
now at firstname.lastname@example.org !