is situated at the confluence of the Cinisco and Cesano rivers and was
founded in 1230 ca. as Gubbio’s outpost towards the Adriatic. Apart from
its medieval origins, a period in which it was renowned for its wool
production, today the town’s urban fabric still preserves many
Renaissance architectural features, as well as testimonies of the
prosperous 17th and 18th centuries.