Villa Vinci -
In the heart of the old town, Villa Vinci overlooks the west side of the
esplanade of Girfalco, opposite the Cathedral, on the top of the hill, Mount
Sàbulo, where the city lies. It is a rare example, at least in the Marche,
of an urban and non-rural villa, that therefore does not rely on a farm
property or the surrounding countryside. It is located at the same place
occupied by the acropolis in ancient times and by a mighty fortress in the
The holiday home occupies the ground floor of the south wing of Villa
Vinci. Inside, the large living room has a marble fireplace and stuccos
on the walls. The stuccos are the work of the Roman sculptor Vincenzo
Gajassi (1801-1861) according to the design by his master, the Danish
sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen (1768-1844). The stuccos come from Palazzo
Torlonia in Rome demolished in 1903 to give a new town-planning to
Piazza Venezia, where they decorated the ceiling of the Salon of
Additional samples of the same origin are also found in the Ladies
Lounge of Villa Maraini in Rome, headquarter of the Swiss Institute.
The holiday home has three large bedrooms, one with a double bed and two
with two single beds, each with its own bathroom. Cots and highchair
The furniture is particularly fine and elegant. The holiday home has
also a fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher,
small appliances and a space used as laundry with ironing board and
washing machine. The apartment is equipped with bed and table linen,
towels, as well as air conditioning, heating, telephone, Internet,
television. Parking spaces available.
distance from grocery stores, shops and restaurants.
The holiday home opens onto a terraced square, sunny and full of
flowers, arranged in 1947 in a typical Italian garden, according the
design by the Florentine Pietro Porcinai, rightly considered the founder
of the Italian landscape architecture.
From the garden you can enjoy a stunning view of the surrounding
countryside and the hills, from the Adriatic Sea, 10 kilometres, to the
Sibillini Mountains, 50 kilometres.
A votive aedicule dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes stands in one corner
of the garden, where, until the beginning of the nineteenth century,
was a meditation chapel in the vegetable garden of the Capuchins, who,
until then, had their convent in the same place of Villa Vinci.
The villa is surrounded by a luxuriant park, with many paths and
walkways that allow walking in a calm and romantic environment, under
the cool shadow of centenarian trees.
Splendid blooms and shades of colour, according to the changes of the
seasons, stain the green of the garden and of the park: from the fruit
plants, cherry and peach-trees, to the wisteria, from the lemons, to
the yellow little roses and to the laburnum, from the azaleas to the
Self Catering Accommodation
Piazzale Girfalco 1
63023 Fermo - FM - Le Marche - Italy
Contact > Giulio Vinci Gigliucci
© Liberation Ventures Ltd.