Paradise Possible’s Itineraries
The Suitcase of Dreams
Trekking in Ascoli Piceno
“A walk through the streets of the old city of Ascoli is like flicking absent-mindedly through a history of art book and being lucky enough to stumble across the most representative and expressive illustrations of the various periods of Italian art.“
Paradise Possible would like to accompany you on a calming promenade to discover and visit the cultural and artistic roots of the most beautiful cities in Le Marche, on a leisurely walk which will allow you to grasp the evanescent essence of the places and the noble spirit of their inhabitants. Have a great trip!
Not to be missed
Ascoli Piceno is one of the most fascinating historical Italian cities, most of all when, after a light fall of rain, the palaces and monuments are reflected in the bright white travertine stone with which the entire historic centre is paved.
The hub of the city is the Renaissance Piazza del Popolo where some of the most important buildings are to be found, such as the Palazzo dei Capitani, the historic Caffé Meletti and the church of San Francesco, which appear in numerous cinema films shot in the city.
Another key attraction is the urban space of the Piazza Arringo, the oldest piazza in Ascoli, where the medieval baptistery of San Giovanni and the cathedral of Sant’Emidio stand. This latter contains a crypt, also dedicated to this same patron saint. In this same piazza you can also find the Palazzo Vescovile and the Palazzo dell’Arengo – home to a picture gallery and municipal offices.
As well as the piazzas, the little streets and alleys dating back to medieval times also lend character to the historic centre. The ‘rue’, as the Ascoli locals call them, are the unaltered remains of the ancient Roman presence in the city.
Equipped with time and a camera, immerse yourself in this network of narrow and unusual streets, paved with ancient cobblestones, steeped in charm and history.
You could begin your walk at the Rua della Stelle- the old street which once lay outside of the city walls, which starts at the Porta Gemina and winds its way down to the Romano bridge at the Porta Solesta. From there, make your way through the tortuously winding streets and immerse yourself in a timeless journey, in search of old churches such as San Gregorio, San Pietro, city gates such as Porta Romano and Porta Solestà or the Roman theatre, stood on the Annunziata hillside.
How to get there
Coming from the North or the South, exit the A14 at the San Benedetto del Tronto-Ascoli Piceno toll. Take the Ascoli Piceno – Porto d’Ascoli sliproad. If coming from Rome, take the A24 direction L’Aquila-Teramo. Exit at Teramo and continue along the SS80 slip road, following directions for Bologna-Bari/Giulianova. At Giulianova, take the A14 direction Bologna and exit at the San Benedetto del Tronto-Ascoli Piceno toll. You will find the entire route here.
The nearest airport is the Ancona-Falconara airport. We recommend that you hire a car or book a car with a driver by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nearest maritime ports are Pescara (100 km) and Ancona (120 km). We recommend that you hire a car or book a car with a driver by emailing email@example.com.
The nearest railways stations are San Benedetto del Tronto, Ascoli Piceno and Giulianova. The area is well served by a local regional rail network. For information and times see www.trenitalia.it.
All the Benefits of Booking through Paradise Possible
• 10% discount on all accommodations recommended by Paradise Possible
• possibility of visiting historical assets that are not usually available and not opened to the public
• assistance of experienced guides in art history with interpreter
• availability of the municipalities where the property is located
• availability of tourist reception at the farm contracted
• quality of courses tailor-made by experts for every itinerary
• assistance of experienced guides to adventure sports on the nature parks
• flexibility to take advantage of the itinerary with the same services for arrangement in group or in pairs.
Costs and methods of Payment :
• Each itinerary will be priced individually;
• For every booking of the itinerary it will be required a pay contribution for the number of people who will benefit of the Itinerary (*) to Paradise Possible and the 30% deposit for booking of accommodation at the selected facility.
• The methods of payment will be indicated by Paradise Possible, while the facility itself will show its own.
For more details on Marche Itineraries or to book, contact us us
now at firstname.lastname@example.org !