Paradise Possible’s Itineraries
The Suitcase of Dreams
Traditional crafts in Central Le Marche
In Le Marche, there exists a wealth of culture and custom that is at risk of remaining unknown, not only to travellers, but also to the people of Le Marche itself. Preserved by the walls of small urban centres, there are still today many artisans that keep the tradition of the ancient crafts alive.
Acquaviva Picena is home to the production of ‘paiarole’; baskets manufactured with straw, wheat, wicker and various types of marsh reed. From the seventies onwards, prepared and made by the women, small dolls and nativity figures were also produced using the same materials.
Upon reaching the little village of Offida, you will see women sat down in small groups in front of the doors of the houses. It’s amazing that today these women still practise, with great skill, the laborious art of the bobbin lace, dating back to the fifteenth century and imported from the Orient.
For the chance to admire the art of travertine and wood being worked by hand, visit the centres of Monterfiore dell’Aso, Lapedona and Petritoli. Also spread around the area are a number of museums concerning popular traditions, where you will find enchanting arrangements of looms and spinning wheels. It’s a memory of an age not so far away in which every rural house sewed themselves everything they needed, otherwise, there are the presses and machines used in the production of wine; evidence of a long wine-making tradition in the region.
To accompany the wine in this area, we recommend the macaroni from Campofilone, the best sambenedettese fish soup, the mushrooms from Offida, the white beans from Tronto and the fish from Val d’Aso.
How to get there
For those of you coming from the north or the south, exit from the A14 Bologna - Pescara motorway at the San Benedetto toll gate. You can download the full map here.
The Le Marche Airport is approximately 100 km away. It’s advisable to hire a car or request a car rental with a driver by writing to us at email@example.com
The port of Ancona is approximately 100 km away. It’s advisable to hire a car or request a car rental with a driver by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closest stations for high speed trains are Pescara, San Benedetto del Tronto and Pedaso. The smaller villages are generally connected by a regional train service. For information and timetables visit www.trenitalia.it
Where to stay
Immersed in the countryside, MES is enveloped by a special atmosphere that stimulates the discovery or rediscovery of a real connection with nature and the land. There are numerous opportunities for distraction, from the swimming pool to archery, from cookery classes to woodland walks, and it’s also possible to buy the organic products from the farm shop.
B&B dal Capo – Campofilone
Lucia — originally from Lombardy — came to Le Marche full of vitality, and will take care of you in her house which has been transformed into a welcoming B&B, one in which you will be greeted by the countryside and a delicious breakfast.
Where to eat
Paola prepares delicious traditional food as well as vegetarian dishes. You will immediately see and appreciate the love and care she puts in every course, decorating even a simple salad prepared with the organic vegetables grown in her vegetable garden, with small delicate flowers. Sergio, his housband, will serve exquisite organic wine produced by himself.
All the Benefits of Booking through Paradise Possible
• 10% discount on all accommodations recommended by Paradise Possible
• possibility of visiting historical assets that are not usually available and not opened to the public
• assistance of experienced guides in art history with interpreter
• availability of the municipalities where the property is located
• availability of tourist reception at the farm contracted
• quality of courses tailor-made by experts for every itinerary
• assistance of experienced guides to adventure sports on the nature parks
• flexibility to take advantage of the itinerary with the same services for arrangement in group or in pairs.
Costs and methods of Payment :
• Each itinerary will be priced individually;
• For every booking of the itinerary it will be required a pay contribution for the number of people who will benefit of the Itinerary (*) to Paradise Possible and the 30% deposit for booking of accommodation at the selected facility.
• The methods of payment will be indicated by Paradise Possible, while the facility itself will show its own.
For more details on Marche Itineraries or to book, contact us us
now at email@example.com !