Paradise Possible’s Itineraries
The Suitcase of Dreams
Breath of Life itineraries
Not to be missed:
Only 7 km from Fabriano, in a narrow valley, lies a pleasant place, dripping with spirituality: Valleremita. If you leave the small inhabited centre and head into the woods, you’ll soon come across Santa Maria di Valdisasso’s hermitage. Legend has it that during the High Middle Ages the structure was a castle, built to defend Valdisasso, which later became home to a community of Benedictine monks. It is even said that San Francesco (Saint Francis) was once a guest there during his many journeys through the Ancona region. The hermitage is now cared for by two monks: visitors are therefore kindly requested to respect the reflective atmostphere, especially at meal and prayer times. For centuries, the hermitage’s small church housed the ‘Polittico dell’Incoronazione della Vergine’ (15th century), one of the best pieces by Gentile da Fabriano, a refined artist, working in the Gothic style. Above the alter, a successful copy of the work can still be seen, the original having been removed for safekeeping to the Pinoteca di Brera in Milan.Immediately after the beautiful hamlet of Albacina, hairpin bends begin to snake their way up towards Poggio san Romualdo.
The climb up to Poggio san Romualdo is well worth it for the pure air and view that you can get from up there. The view takes in the plains and flats of the Giano and Esino rivers, a vast Appenine range that stretches as far as the eye can see, and the spectacular peaks of the Sibyllines. To the left stands the imposing mass of San Vicino and, below, Vadicastro. This Benedictine abbey was built between 1005 and 1009 by San Romualdo, who chose the sight for his withdrawal from society and remained there until his death in 1027. Since then, nothing has disturbed the peace that can still be enjoyed in this self-contained valley, protected by huge beech tress.
How to get there
Coming from the North, the South and the Adriatic coast, leave the A14 at the Ancona Nord tollbooth and take the Ancona-Fabriano-Roma freeway, S.S.n.76/bis.Coming from the west coast, take the SS. 76 Roma-Fabriano-Ancona in the opposite direction, leaving it at Sassoferato-Genga. The full route can be seen here.
The Le Marche airport is situated about 40km from this area. We recommend that you hire or car or organise a driver service by sending a message to this address: email@example.com
The port of Ancona ia situated about 40km from this area. We recommend that you hire or car or organise a driver service by sending a message to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For AV and ES trains, the nearest stations are Pesaro and Fano, while smaller towns and villages are mostly linked to the regional railway service. For information and times see www.trenitalia.com
Where to stay
Villa Censi Mancia-Fabriano
Surronded by the warm embrace of green moutains, at the edge of the little hamlet of Albacina, stands Villa Censi Mancia, which will captivate art and history enthusiasts. This beautiful and historic dwelling, dating back to the 1700s has been perfectly restored and welcomes its visitors with its admirable frescoes, its inlaid wooden furniture, its art nouveau and Liberty details and its precious Roman relics, displayed in the park.
Fabriano/Gocce di Camarzano
Once the residency of the Marquise of Camarzano, today this 17th century villa is a welcoming agriturismo bed and breakfast, where a rustic atmosphere blends with the refinement of the furniture and original details.
Poggio San Romualdo/Agriturismo di San Salvatore in Valdicastro
The agriturismo San Salvatore in Valdicastro is situated in the heart of 1000 hectares of unspoilt nature, characterised by forests and perfectly maintained pasture fields.
All the Benefits of Booking through Paradise Possible
• 10% discount on all accommodations recommended by Paradise Possible
• possibility of visiting historical assets that are not usually available and not opened to the public
• assistance of experienced guides in art history with interpreter
• availability of the municipalities where the property is located
• availability of tourist reception at the farm contracted
• quality of courses tailor-made by experts for every itinerary
• assistance of experienced guides to adventure sports on the nature parks
• flexibility to take advantage of the itinerary with the same services for arrangement in group or in pairs.
Costs and methods of Payment :
• Each itinerary will be priced individually;
• For every booking of the itinerary it will be required a pay contribution for the number of people who will benefit of the Itinerary (*) to Paradise Possible and the 30% deposit for booking of accommodation at the selected facility.
• The methods of payment will be indicated by Paradise Possible, while the facility itself will show its own.
For more details on Marche Itineraries or to book, contact us us
now at email@example.com !