Routes of love
Food and Wine: the delights of the area
Following the tales of Granny Iris, let us take you on a journey in discovery of fortresses, nature and the delicious food and wine of Le Marche.Buon Viaggio!
The town is famous for its typical red wine: Lacrima di Morro d'Alba. Tradition has it that the tears are those which drop from the grapes upon reaching maturity, but we believe that it’s also those of emotion, experienced when tasting this intense, red wine. Do not miss the chance to stroll along the "la scarpa" (the shoe) the characteristic round walkway, unique in Italy, which runs the entire perimeter of the village and at every step reveals the beauty of the scenery below.
Il Salame lardellato fabrianese, is the result of an ancient tradition whose origins are lost in the mists of time, but the date of April 22nd, 1881 is a fixed point that testifies its notoriety: Giuseppe Garibaldi wrote a letter in which he thanked his friend Benigno Bigonzetti, for the precious Fabriano salami he sent. The salami is made using the finest meat. The lean mixture is combined with lard, which is then seasoned with salt, garlic, ground pepper and peppercorns. It’s then cured in the delicate intestine, which is the most suitable casing for its seasoning.
Il Verdicchio di Matelica is pale yellow in colour, it has a delicate perfume, with a fresh and lingering fragrance of fruit in maturation. It can be enjoyed with a variety of dishes. It’s excellent with appetizers, from fish to meat prepared with sauces, seafood pasta dishes, lasagna and seafood risotto. When it’s more mature it goes perfectly with "sapa" aswell as Ancona’s “stoccafisso” (dried cod), and can be enjoyed with ciauscolo salami, coppa di testa and salami of Fabriano.
Where to stay
Villa Collepere – Matelica: The establishment has been cleverly restored from a seventeenth century hunting lodge, it has been designed to ensure a pleasant, tranquil stay for its guests and with the opportunity to explore the whole region.
Casa Rastia – Matelica Immersed in greenery, soaking up the tranquility of the hill. It’s situated in Borgo Rastia, a small medieval village where siblings Anna and Francesco will be pleased to welcome you.
All the Benefits of Booking through Paradise Possible
- 10% discount on all accommodations recommended by Paradise Possible
- possibility of visiting historical assets that are not usually available and not opened to the public
- assistance of experienced guides in art history with interpreter
- availability of the municipalities where the property is located
- availability of tourist reception at the farm contracted
- quality of courses tailor-made by experts for every itinerary
- assistance of experienced guides to adventure sports on the nature parks
- flexibility to take advantage of the itinerary with the same services for arrangement in group or in pairs.
Costs and methods of Payment
- Each itinerary will be priced individually;
- For every booking of the itinerary it will be required a pay contribution for the number of people who will benefit of the Itinerary (*) to Paradise Possible and the 30% deposit for booking of accommodation at the selected facility.
- The methods of payment will be indicated by Paradise Possible, while the facility itself will show its own.
For more details on Marche Itineraries or to book, contact us us now at firstname.lastname@example.org!